Sunday, March 8, 2009

Great Sunday

John & I had an awesome weekend!

Yesterday BJen (for those who dont know, that's Ben & Jen, two of John's friend from high school who're just under 300 days until their wedding...anyway) came to visit so we could go see Watchmen; and it's AWESOME! We went out for pie after and got home very late, and unfortunately BJen had to head out early - so what to do with a sunny Sunday in early March?

John knows! Go climbing!

We headed out into the kinda-cold to see if the snow had melted and the recent good weather had dried the rock enough. Though I may have disagreed, John thought it was good enough...and honestly, who am I to say?

So we had a great day of awesome climbs - first thing of note: I finished an outdoor route for the first time, and was so pleased I did it again! We didn't get a pic of my first top out, so we had to have a reenactment:

I was pleased to say the least.











Moving on, John tried something not discussed in the book, which was climbing the "scratches" on the route named Cat Scratch. He did a GREAT job...so much so that I turned this climb into a slideshow for your enjoyment:


Most notable to me was the way he did most of this climb on just the tips of his toes. Great job :D

We just got home a little while ago and I'm making my first quiche. While it was baking he's passed out on the couch; so good luck with that I guess! He's heading out to Yosemite in two days, so hopefully I can wake him for one of our last nights of QT before he goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment